Oknha Dr. Mengly Jandy Quach is a Cambodian American educationist, philanthropist and entrepreneur. Today, he is best known as the Founder, Chairman and CEO of the Mengly J. Quach Education, which is one of the leading education providers in Cambodia.
Dr. Quach attended University of California, Berkeley, USA where he completed his Pre-Med Studies in 1991. He graduated from Spartan Health Sciences University, St. Lucia/Santa Teresa, New Mexico, USA, in 1998 with his Doctor of Medicine degree in General Medicine. Dr. Quach earned his Master of Public Health degree in Public Health Practice from University of Massachusetts at Amherst, Amherst, Massachusetts, USA in 2007.
Dr. Quach worked as a science instructor for the Department of Physical and Life Sciences at Cleveland Chiropractic College in Los Angeles, California for some times before returning to Cambodia in 2002 as an Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (IMCI) & Public Health Advisor under Partners for Development which is based in Maryland, USA. He also held positions of an Associate Professor of Health Sciences under Faculty of Mathematics, Sciences, and Engineering in Pannasastra University of Cambodia; and of a Founding Dean and Associate Professor of Public Health for College of Public Health in University of Cambodia before founding the Mengly J. Quach Education in 2005.
Dr. Quach has been recognized for his active participation in the development of the community through his endeavors in the fields of education, health and social service. His latest recognitions include the following:
- Business Leader of the Year 2016, Business Cambodia, December 2016 Issue
- Business Leader of the Year 2015, Business Cambodia, December 2015 Issue
- The Five Greatest Humanitarians of the Year 2015, 2nd Place, Sabay Web, Cambodia, 2015
- Education Partnership Leader Award, by Worlddidac Association, Worlddidac Asia Conference 2015, Hong Kong, 2015
Dr. Quach’s current external appointments include the following:
- Honorary Advisor, Cambodia Women Entrepreneurs Association, Since 2016
- Board of Directors, Cambodian Institute for Cooperation and Peace, Cambodia, since 2014
- Founding Member and Advisor, Cambodia Investor Club, Cambodia, since 2013
- Advisory Member, Cambodia Chamber of Commerce, Cambodia, since 2011
- Founder, Chairman and President, Prasethpheap Finance, Cambodia, since 2010
- Advisor to the Chief of the Cambodia Scouts, H.E. Sok An, Deputy Prime Minister, Minister in Charge of the Council of Ministers, and Chief of the Cambodia Scouts, Cambodia, since 2010
- Advisor to the Council of Ministers, Royal Government of Cambodia (with the rank of Under Secretary of State), Cambodia, since 2009
- Founder, Chairman & Group Chief Executive Officer, Mengly J. Quach Group (Mengly J. Quach Education, Mengly J. Quach Health Services, Prasethpheap Finance, and Mengly J. Quach Foundation), Cambodia, since 2005
- Founder, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Mengly J. Quach Education (American Intercon Institute System, American Intercon School System, Intercon Transportation Services, Mengly J. Quach Productions, Mengly J. Quach Development, Mengly J. Quach Media, Paul’s Food – Beverage & Retail Services), Cambodia, since 2005